Custom Search

Friday, November 30, 2007

How I Make Me Feel Good Today

There are days when I wake up in the morning and just don’t feel like getting out of bed. It is going to be another day at a job that I am beginning to hate. Worse, the bank just called the previous day to demand last month’s payment for the house. My credit card debts are piling higher and higher. I am down to my last 20 on which I have to survive for the next 2 weeks. I just want curl up in bed and die a painless death.

But the kids need breakfast before going to their daily activities, school and what not. Dragging myself out of bed, Robert Frost’s rhyme came to mind. ‘...The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep’. So I will make myself feel good today...feel good about me, about people around me, about things around me. Just feel good about everything under the sun. So how do I make me feel good today so I can go on with my day? I have a few daily mantras which kept me going. I followed through these five mantras as much as I can each day, and they have worked for me:

1. Be Grateful

· Be grateful that I am alive and healthy – I can breathe, walk, run. I am healthy and the good old heart is pumping great today. I am thankful that I am capable of working and earn money for my loved ones.

· Be thankful for my family and friends – I try to see the wonder and miracle beyond my little urchin’s face as he goes through his daily ritual of refusing to brush his teeth and eat his breakfast. My friend just had her first baby and another just got married, I will call and congratulate them.

· Thank God for his glorious creation all around us. This is the easiest to do. I just look around me, the sun is just showing its first rays and the morning wind blows in fresh and sweet. And I see in my mind’s eye some of the favorite scenery pictures that I treasure of God’s glorious creation.

2. Put Forth My Intentions

I take about 5 - 10 minutes just as the sun is rising, in the quiet of my bedroom, sitting in a relaxed state, and I put forth my intentions to the universe. It’s like a prayer. Usually it works for matters that needed to be resolved urgently, like I need to pay up an outstanding payment to the bank by a certain date. So I announced that to the universe. And somehow, from somewhere, someone pays up some money owed to me, or some claims get approved. Usually it is just enough to make a particular payment. It works each time. Coincidence? Maybe. No matter, what's important is that warm feeling of gratitude inside as I say my thank you(s). However, I find that it does not work when I ask for extras…like striking that million dollar lottery. Hell, I tried; it just doesn’t work that way. No way will it work if I start getting greedy.

3. Stay Positive

Having announced my intentions to the universe, I endeavor to stay positive. It is going to be tough the minute I walk out the bedroom door. But I focus on the positive. I find it easier to be positive if I hold on to that feeling of gratitude. I try not to get derailed when the going gets tough. I know it is easier said than done. But this is crucial. From my own experience, I find that if I am angry or I stay mad at somebody, my intentions or prayers are never answered. And I could stay in that bad patch for months, even years, until I blessed the person whom I thought had caused me misery.

4. Do Good and Keep Busy

Just do good each day, no matter how big or small. I am a firm believer of karma and 'What goes around come around', and also in the universal law: “Do unto others what you would that they do unto you”. I know a man who tried to molest his young sister-in-law. Years later, his own son-in-law tried to molest his younger daughter. Bad karma, it hits you back in exactly the same manner and where it hurts the most.

And I keep busy. Weekends, I tend my small orchard. My job is becoming boring…so I blog. I now look forward to tomorrow.

5. Believe and Receive

Having released to the universe my intentions, I believe that I will receive one way or another. I have faith that what I have asked for is on its way to me. I believe and I receive.

These are the five simple steps I follow to make me feel happy. Except when I get derailed, and that could be for months. But more often than not, they have worked for me. I hope they will for you, too.


0 comments:

Silva Life System
Google